Promotion Terms And Conditions
The terms and conditions set out below (‘Terms and Conditions’) apply to the #OneMealManyThanks win a gig (‘Promotion’) being run and administered by Tiger Brands, RCL Foods, Unilever, McCains and BidFood services (‘Promoter’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’). These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications sent to you by us, including advertising or promotional materials. Prize redemption instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by entering this Promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and shall be bound by, the Terms and Conditions. This version of the Terms and Conditions applies to Participants (defined below) in the Republic of South Africa.
1. Important Provisions
We have a duty, in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008 (‘CPA’) to point out certain important provisions in these Terms and Conditions to you. The clauses which contain these important provisions and the reasons why they are important are set out below. It is very important that you read all of these clauses carefully and not just what we say below.
1.1 Limitation of risk, legal responsibilities and liability. Clauses 11, 12, 14 & 16 hereinbelow are important because they limit and exclude obligations, liabilities and legal responsibilities that we and other persons or entities may otherwise have to you. As a result of these clauses, your rights and remedies against us and these other persons and entities are limited or excluded. These clauses also limit or exclude your right to recover from, or make claims against, Tiger Brands, RCL Foods, Unilever, McCains and BidFood Services (‘Promoter’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’) for losses, damages, liability or harm you or others may suffer as a result of your participation in the Promotion. Clause 16 hereinbelow is particularly important because you take on risk, legal responsibilities and liability. In terms of this clause, you may be responsible for taxes, fees, claims and other amounts. You will also be responsible for, and you accept, various risks, damages, harm, and injury which may be suffered by you and others for what is stated in this clause.
1.2 Indemnities by you. Clauses 12 and 17 hereinbelow requires you to indemnify (hold harmless) us and other persons or entities against claims, loss, damages, and harm that may be suffered by us and other persons or entities as a result of the events set out in clauses 17 and 18 hereinbelow. You are also required to indemnify us and other persons and entities against claims for loss, damages, and harm that may be made by any person or entity as a result of the events set out in clause 17 hereinbelow. This places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on you, and you will be responsible and liable for the payment of the value of the claims, loss, damages, and harm that may be suffered or claimed.
2. The Promoters are;
2.1 Tiger Brands Consumer Brands [Registration Number: 1972/006590/06] with its registered office at 3010 William Nicol Drive Bryanston.
2.2 McCains [Registration Number: 2000/008184/07] with its registered office at 116 Corner Oxford and Glenhove, Rosebank.
2.3 BidFood [Registration Number: 1964/002063/07] with its registered office at 60 Saturn Crescent Linbro Business Park, Sandton 2065.
2.4 Unilever Food Solutions [Registration Number: 1939/012365/07] with its registered office at 15 Nollsworth Cresent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia.
2.5 RCL FOODS CONSUMER (PTY) LTD [Registration Number: 1960/002377/07] with its registered office at Ten The Boulevard, Westway Office Park, Westville 3629 Kwa-Zulu Natal.
3. The Promotion is valid only in South Africa and is open to every South African citizen and resident. The promotion is only open to a natural person, 18 years or older, not a juristic person.
4. The Promotion is not open to any agencies, sales agents/merchandisers, packaging suppliers and their immediate family members (spouses, life partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) or their business partners, or any person who is (i) a director, member, partner, or agent of, or consultant to the Promoters or Promotion, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by, the Promoter; or (ii) a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Promoter.
5. Participation in the promotion constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. All information relating to this promotion and published on any promotional material will form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
6. The promotion will run from 24 August 2020 00h00 and end on 4 October 2020 23h59. No entries received before 24 August 2020 00h00 and after 4 October 2020 23h59 will be accepted.
7. Participants wishing to take part in the Promotion must:
7.1 Purchase a meal from any restaurant, takeaway outlet, fast food restaurant, or delivery app in South Africa, this does not include meals purchased from supermarket hot food counters or street vendors. The meal value must be equal to, or exceed, R30 in value.
7.2 Retain their till slip or receipt as proof of purchase.
7.3 Go to www.winagig.co.za or send an SMS to 33368 to enter.
7.4 SMSs are charged at R1.50. Free and bundled SMSs do not apply. Cell C SMSs charged at standard network rates.
7.5 Follow the prompts to submit their till slip.
8. Participants stand a chance to win a share of R1,000,000 (1 million rands) worth of data vouchers ‘Vouchers’. The following prizes are available;
8.1 10,000 x 1 gig data vouchers
8.2 The vouchers will be redeemable for a period of three years from date of promotion
9. Voucher winners will be pre-selected by means of an instant computerised draw, and the till slip they submitted will first be validated for purchase, prior to being sent their data voucher.
9.1 Data vouchers will be sent to the winner via SMS, on the cell phone number used to enter the competition, within 72 hours of receipt of their till slip.
9.2 The data voucher issued to the winner is issued against the winner’s identified Mobile Network service provider.
9.3 Data vouchers may be gifted on at the discretion of the winner.
9.4 The winner is responsible for ensuring that they redeem any voucher awarded to them before its expiry date. The Promoter will not re-issue any vouchers if the winner fails to redeem their voucher before it expires.
9.5 Vouchers may not be exchanged for cash.
9.6 A unique MSISDN (cell phone number) may only win one data voucher once a week.
9.7 The Promoter may decline to award a prize (i.e. refuse to issue a voucher to the Participant) if there is a reasonable suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
10. You may enter the promotion as many times as you like, but you will need to make a new meal purchase and submit a new till slip or receipt, for every entry submitted.
11. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, for any vouchers which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete, unclear, illegible, contains errors, or cannot be redeemed for any technical reason, delivery or other reasons.
12. As far as the law allows, all Participants indemnify the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, against any/all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential, including personal injuries, death and property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever connected to or arising from their participation in any way in this Promotion and/or any receipt of and/or use of a voucher.
13. By taking part in this promotion, Participants agree to allow Strike Mobile to store and use (not share) their personal information for aggregated reporting and statistical purposes related only to this promotion.
14. By taking part in this Promotion, Participants hereby warrant that all information submitted to the Promoter is true, current and complete.
15. As far as the law allows, all warranties and representations in relation to the Promotion not set out in these Terms and Conditions (whether express, implied or tacit) are hereby excluded.
16. As far as the law allows, the Promoter shall only be responsible for those costs which these Terms and Conditions expressly say that the Promoter will pay. The Participant is responsible for (i) any and all applicable local taxes and fees; and (ii) all other costs incurred by it, or arising directly or indirectly from, the Participant’s participation in the Promotion, or from the acceptance, receipt, use or enjoyment of any voucher. Without limiting the rest of this clause 16, the participant will be responsible for the cost of submitting proof of purchase and entering the promotion and any data charges that apply, as per the tariff rates charged by the participant’s mobile network provider
17. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Competition Rules or terminate the Promotion immediately and without notice at any time or if circumstances beyond its reasonable control prevent the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers, and employees) agents, and suppliers, from continuing to conduct the Promotion. In the event of such suspension or termination, as far as the law allows, all Participants acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers, and employees) agents, and suppliers, in respect thereof.
18. As far as the law allows the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, shall not be responsible for a Participant’s failure to access the Promotion for any reason whatsoever including, by way of example only, as a consequence of communications or network failures.
19. Any personal data relating to the Winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with the current Act (defined above) and Protection of Personal Information Act (‘POPI’ and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of South Africa.
21. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.